Auburn Announces First Academy for Community & Civic Engagement, May 14-16, 2012
- December 2nd, 2011
- in Conferences, Events, News
The Community and Civic Engagement Initiative within Auburn University’s College of Liberal Arts announces the first annual Academy for Community and Civic Engagement for faculty throughout the southeast in the arts and humanities who are interested in incorporating civic engagement/service learning practices into their courses, outreach scholarship, and P & T documentation. ACCE will provide an intense 3-day workshop for successful applicants.
The purpose of the Academy for Community and Civic Engagement is:
- To promote and develop community and civic engagement initiatives among faculty and colleges in the region;
- To encourage faculty to develop courses with civic engagement/service learning experiences for students;
- To foster collaborative teaching, research, and outreach efforts among faculty and across universities; and
- To provide resources and support for community and civically engaged faculty.
For more information, contact Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 334-844-2890), or go to: http://www.cla.auburn.edu/cla/